Term-Seal Termite Management Systems Warranty
Builder / Home Owner Terms Under This Warranty
- Term-seal (Aust.) Pty Ltd warrants to the installer, the during the term of fifty (50) years from the date of installation that the and Term-seal perimeter systems when installed in accordance with installation manuals:
- will not be breached by active termites
- will not damage the slab or be damaged by the slab
- will not decompose or disintegrate as applied
- In the event that the TERM-seal Products or TERM-seal System does not perform to the above warranty and subject to the Conditions and Exclusions below, Flick Anticimex Pty Ltd agrees that it shall:
- at its option, repair or replace any timber which is damaged as a result of attack by termites entering the premises by subterranean infestation within the period of fifty (50) years from the date of the System being installed
- at its option, repair, restore or replace any painted or varnished or stained surfaces damaged as a result of attack by termites entering the premises by subterranean infestation within the period of fifty (50) years from the date of the System being installed
- pay any legal costs on expenses incurred or to be incurred by the builder in legal proceedings to the extent that they have been reasonably incurred but shall be limited to such costs or expenses as are claimable and paid from any relevant policy of insurance maintained by Flick Anticimex Pty Ltd.
- The method of repair, replacement or restoration as determined by clauses 1.2 (a) and 1.2 (b) will be determined after consultation with the Builder but Flick Anticimex Pty Ltd shall be solely entitled at its absolute discretion to determine the method and whether and to what extent the repair, restoration or replacement shall be carried out by the Builder. (Builder where used in this warranty means the builder who undertook the construction works to which this warranty would apply.
EXCLUSIONS – What Flick Anticimex is Not Liable For
Under This Warranty
- 2.1 Any claim in respect of any timber forming part of the premises where the floor area of such premises has been extended or increased and the area of such extension or increased area has not been treated by the installation of the TERM-seal System by Flick Anticimex TERM-seal accredited installer to protect that extension on the increased area from subterranean termite infestation.
- 2.2 Any claim arising out of physical or natural disruption to the TERMseal System where such disruption is the result of:the negligent or deliberate act of the Builder or any of its employee’s, agents or contractors or any other person (whether identified or not) not being a servant of TERM-seal (AUST) Pty Ltd or it’s accredited installers
- any act of God, natural disaster, non-civil commotion, war, undetected hostilities, arson, vandalism or any other cause what so ever beyond the reasonable control of TERM-seal (AUST) Pty Ltd or it’s accredited installers
- If the builder fails to “Highly recommend” the building and system be inspected in accordance with A.S. 3660 series and A.S. 4349.3-1998 by an accredited inspector not less than annually.
- 2.3 Any liability of the Builder for damage to timber caused either directly or indirectly by the failure of any building material or method applied to that construction that does not conform to relevant building codes and standards.
- 2.4 Any liability of the Builder for damage for loss which is caused or contributed to by any damage to timber whether it be by termites or otherwise including, but not limited to loss of profits or any other form of economic loss whatsoever.
- 2.5 Any claim in respect of any damage by subterranean termite attack, where the regular inspection as per AS3660 series and AS4349.3-1998 have not taken place and been performed by a qualified TERM-Seal installer or where the recommended inspections have taken place and the advice and recommendations of the inspector have not been complied with.
- 2.6 Any claim arising from termite infestation through the concrete slab, and where the slab has not been constructed in accordance with AS2870 – 1996.
- 2.7 Any claim arising from termite infestation through the penetrations, concrete slab, or where any termite infestation has occurred at any point otherwise than through the Term-seal system, as covered by the TERM-seal System.
Additional Information To The Home Owner
This warranty is subject to the terms and conditions contained herein, including that it is valid only when inspections and maintenance are carried out as recommended in Australian Standard AS3660 series and AS4349.3-1998 by a suitably qualified Flick Anticimex technician.
a) The Australian Standards AS3660 highly recommends regular inspections at least 12 months and 6 months in high termite areas. To keep your TERM-seal warranty valid, these inspections are should be carried out.
Important Termite Control Maintenance Information
- Please read all the information in this Warranty thoroughly.
- It is most essential you pass on this Warranty Protection Package and all inspection reports of the termite control system installed at the time of selling the house.
- To comply with our Warranty, It is mandatory you have the property inspected at least once per year by a TERM-Seal accredited, and appropriately licensed termite inspector, and comply with the advice and recommendations of that Licensed inspector.
- Do not build garden beds over weep holes or above the TERM-seal inspection band.
- If an extension or renovation is built, you must ensure that the termite barrier is rectified by a MARZ ATTACK licensed installer.
- Ensure that the Termite barrier is complete and continuous after the completion of any future work
- Do not store firewood close to the house.
- Regularly inspect landscaping and inspection band for bridging by termites.
- Regularly inspect the perimeter of the building and the TERM-seal inspection band of the TERM-seal system for signs of breaching or bridging of any barriers.
- If you have any questions, contact, Flick Anticimex on 4766 2300
A durable termite protection notice will be fixed inside the meter box. Please study this notice and make a note of the information, especially the inspection warning and intervals.
A.B.N 85-000-059-665 BSA 54798
Operated by John Maher, 61 Keane Street, Currajong Q 4814
Phone: +61 7 4766 2300